The Right-Wing Libertarian Rants

I am a die-hard Constitutionalist and a retired Marine Sergeant. This blog is about MY opinion which, though I always attempt to gather the facts before I shoot my mouth off, will quite probably contain gut reactions to situations before said facts can be attained. Deal with it.

Name:
Location: Gainesville, Florida, United States

29 April 2007

HOW Long?!?!

Oooh-Rah!

Today is the 25th Anniversary of my joining the United States Marine Corps. I can't believe it really was that long ago!

In that amount of time, I survived three months on Parris Island, seen sunrises over Camp Lejeune, sunsets over Camp Pendleton, snow-capped altitude sickness in Bridgeport, California at Winter Warfare School, ridden helicopters over MCAS El Toro, and spent more time assaulting beaches and driving in MechExes than I can think of (YATYAS!). I've driven tracks, fired fifties from tracks, eaten in tracks, heated water for coffee atop the engines of tracks, and slept in tracks, and when I get wealthy enough, by God, I'm gonna buy me a track! I am thankful that I have only lost three friends (Beirut), but even more thankful that I've welcomed back hundreds more.

To this day, I have never regretted joining my Marine Corps, but have often regretted leaving it. I am proudest of my wife, a 5-foot, two inch brunette firebrand who carries our Marine Corps Florida license plate with glee and is prouder of my service to this country than even myself.

I thank the Commandant of the Marine Corps for allowing me to continue to bear the title of Sergeant of Marines (even though I certainly earned it), and I thank every citizen of this country for the honor of having defended your freedom from 1982 - 1992, whether you welcomed my service or not. Those who know me are well aware that even though my service as a Marine ended fifteen years ago, I will still happily lay down my life for this country, its citizens, and the principles of individual freedom and liberty upon which this great land was founded.

My biggest regret is that there are those in this land who don't understand that, and probably never will.

Fuck 'em; their loss!

Semper Fi,
The Almighty Mattski

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jarhead!!

As you well know, I don't always share your position on some issues, but I certainly appreciate what your service to this country. Thanks, Marine! Semper Fi!!

Mole

01 May, 2007 17:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home