The Right-Wing Libertarian Rants

I am a die-hard Constitutionalist and a retired Marine Sergeant. This blog is about MY opinion which, though I always attempt to gather the facts before I shoot my mouth off, will quite probably contain gut reactions to situations before said facts can be attained. Deal with it.

Name:
Location: Gainesville, Florida, United States

03 April 2007

GO GATORS!

Yeah, I know, everyone who comes here normally expects to find my narrow-minded, jar-headed rants, but THIS I couldn't resist!

The Almighty Mrs. and I went to watch the final game of the NCAA Basketball Championship last night at the O'Connell Center here in Gainesville with about 12,000 of our "closest friends." To say the least, IT WAS AWESOME! The noise level rivaled some of the most intense football games I've ever seen, with almost ten times the people.

Immediately following the game, everyone poured out into the street and made our way to the intersection of University Ave and NW 17th Street (for those of you not familiar with Gainesville, it's right in front of campus) and partook in the pandemonium. Nothing violent or dangerous; Gator fans make some of the happiest drunks out there.

We got home at almost 2am and managed about four and a half hours sleep, so I'm tired, but even as worn out as I am as I write this, I am still elated!

And this is what elates me the most: As many of you may know, I am a historical reenactor, Civil War and World War II the most. I have a healthy disdain for many things from north of the Mason-Dixon line (except the New York Mets; I love my Mets!), but I REALLY dislike the majority of Northern sports writers who seem to think that nothing from the Southeastern Conference is worth mentioning. When Florida won the Football Championship this past January, and became the first school in NCAA history to win a Football and Basketball Championship in the same year, a LOT of Northern POS sportswriters hemmed and hawed to the effect of "Well, they didn't really win it in the Same year, since this football game was played in 2007, and they won the basketball championship in 2006." It was almost as if the basketball team stood up and said, "All right, fuckers..."

Now maybe some of those Big 10-loving retards will give us a little respect.

God Bless My Gators!

Semper Fi,
The Almighty Mattski

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home